Deploying IT Infrastructure Solutions 2013
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Timetable
- 3 Assignments
- 4 Teams
This is short introduction for this great event.
Benefits for Students
We offer a two weeks there students can put into good use the knowledge that they have from previous studies. Assignments are more practical and related to real-life problems.
vt TAOTLUSE TEKSTIST JUURDE
- International team-work experience
- Real assignment solving experience (real client, solid deadline)
- Honest evaluation of skills and knowledge
- Chance to work on tight schedule
- Improve the documentation and presentation skills
- Nice line in CV and nice solution what can be shown in interviews
Requirements for Students
vt TAOTLUSE TEKST
In order to successfully end the programme students have to:
- Participate in lectures
- Be active and contributing member of the team
- Present the teamwork results at the end of each workday
- Make documentation for the prototype
- Present solution or prototype to the assignment proposer
IP Project Partners
- Estonian IT College
- Vaasan ammattikorkeakoulu (VAMK), University of Applied Sciences
- Technological Educational Institute of Crete
Security testing of web application.
Learn about the security of web applications. Find vulnerabilities from known vulnerable web applications. Find not known vulnerabilities of development version of web application Study Information Portal (Used by eleven universities of applied science in Estonia) File report that describes methods, tests and findings.
Description of testing methods and findings (all vulnerabilities that students found in development environment) as testing report.
Expectations from students
Understanding web applications (What is difference of GET and POST, how sessions work, what is header etc). Knowledge of at least one web programming language (php, java, ruby, C#, python is preferred)
Several security related topics will covered during lectures and practical classes before starting actual testing. Lecture covers several attack types and vulnerabilities like SQL injection, cmd injection, XSS, CSRF etc. Practical classes based on DVWA (Damn Vulnerable Web Application) After lectures and practical classes students will get access to web application development environment for practical work.
Lecturer: Margus Ernits (Estonian IT College)