I803 IT Infrastructure services
I803,385 IT Infrastructure services
This is the home page of courses I803 and I385 for both daily and contact students.
Andres Septer >> andres (.) septer (ät) itcollege (.) ee
form of graduation
Comprehensive examination, ECTS 6 I803, ECTS 5 I385
- course files folder on enos
- I-TEE / LABNET labs and exercizes environment
- e-lab interactive labs environment
- Video portal, lecture recordings
- Lectures (I explain stuff)
- Excercises – practical tasks with easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions. Practicing themes discussed in lectures.
- Labs – same as exercises, except no step-by-step instructions. You have to find all the necessary information by yourself (Though there is some hints) and solve the problems independedly.
- Basic understanding how Operating System and services work
- Basic Linux shell experience
- Basic understanding how TCP/IP networking works
We DO repeat some (critical) stuff you learned previously (but not all)
- Introduction. Seminar: IT Infrastructure and it's components.
- core services: DHCP, DNS, NTP jms.
- web services (from Infra admin point of view)
- * Backup and Archive
- Monitoring and log aggregation
- Redundancy and high availability (covered within other topics mostly)
- Documentation and Configuration Management
- How stuff are different, dealing with REAL HARDWARE
- Additional topics may add up
- You do series of labs (marked as MANDATORY) and present to lecturer.
- LABs in I-TEE environment (LABS II will be don DURING LESSONS). Schedule will be presented by lecturer during course.
- LABS in E-LAB environment are done AT HOME. Due date - end of semester. Suggested schedule included with labs.
- All labs have minimum achievements that MUST be met.
- Labs are mandatory (at least minimum level)
- Labs must be ready at due date
Exercizes i-tee (those exercizes are VOLUNTEER, but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Those exercizes are done it i-tee ENV 
LABS in ELAB environment (those LABS are MANDATORY)
LABS are done it elab ENV  Those LABS contain on-line instructions and are meant to complete at HOME
- Learning Space - VyOS - Firewall (all three parts), Suggested due date 15 th. october)
- Learning Space - Monitoring
- Learning Space - HTTPS Security, Suggested due date, after completion of i-tee LAB123 (DNS,DHCP,NTP) and BEFORE start oh LAB456
If those LABs are not available when you log to e-lab environment, inform Lecturer immediately.
LABS ARE MANDATORY Those labs are done it i-tee ENV